10 Personal Finance Blogs Every Penny Pincher Should Read
Posted January 25, 2008 in Uncategorized
Personal finance bloggers are growing in influence and audience. No matter what their goals or financial situation is tens of thousands of people over the past few years have turned to bloggers to help guide and inspire them to change their lives. In this article we highlight 10 must-read personal finance bloggers to inform and inspire your life.
- PF Blog: PF Blog chronicles one person’s journey towards a net worth of $1 million by age 36. Take cues from this blogger so that you will be able to do the same.
- My First Million at 33: The writer behind My First Million at 33 isn’t trying to reach $1 million. He’s already done that. Through some wise choices, diligent saving, and a fortunate turn of events, this blogger became a millionaire at 33. Read this blog to soak up advice from a young millionaire.
- Money Musings: This blogger decided to wage a “personal war on debt” and change the way he looks at money. He’s eliminated a large portion of his debt and wants to share his lessons with others who might also be suffering from debt.
- Credit Bloggers: Credit Bloggers is a panel of experts discussing credit, loan, debt, and identity theft. Readers can be confident that they are taking advice from authoritative voices in their field.
- The Consumerist: A division of Gawker Media, The Consumerist helps look out for the little guy. Features include tips on how to complain effectively, do it yourself projects, scam alerts, product reviews and more.
- A Penny Saved… This blogger lives by Benjamin Franklin’s philosophy that “a penny saved is a penny earned.” A Penny Saved investigates ways to get more bang for your buck as well as how to get free stuff and save money by pinching pennies.
- Generation X Finance: Gen X Finance specializes in money issues as they pertain to members of Generation X. It’s primarily tailored to readers in their late 20s and 30s, by focusing on topics like buying a home, retirement savings and debt elimination.
- Stock Market Beat: This blog’s tagline reads, “Our beat: The stock market. Our job: Beat it.” Stock Market Beat offers expert insight into the stock market and economy in general so that you too can beat the stock market.
- The Kirk Report: Charles E. Kirk has been trading stocks for more than 12 years and he wants to pass his knowledge into others. He blogs to help the “little guy” make smart and informed investment decisions.
- Get Rich Slowly: Get Rich Slowly isn’t about hype, fads or schemes. This blog is simply about how to better manage your money in order to be rich down the road. It offers tools, articles, and advice for a lifestyle of savings and discipline.
Heather Johnson is a freelance business, finance and credit writer, as well as a regular contributor for BusinessCreditCards.com a site for comparing business credit card offers. She welcomes questions, comments, and freelancing job inquiries at her email address.
- Business Finance Posts – Top 100 From Bootstrapper
- How To Double Your Customer Base Without Spending A Penny
- Top 100 List Of Make Money at Home Blogs