these are all twitter Applications I’m really looking forward to checking out.
Thanks for the post.
15 Useful Twitter Tools For Web Workers
If there was a popularity contest between social media platforms, I am sure Twitter would be the winner. Networking, trends, and search features all On its own, twitter is a great service, but without third party applications it wouldn’t be what it is today.
With this in mind, there are hundreds of third party applications to make twitter easier and better to use. But who has time to try them all? In an effort to streamline the list to only useful apps, I have created a list of 15 apps that should do the job, at least it does for me.
If you are new to twitter, please click here for a visual map on how you can utilize twitter.
15 Useful Twitter Tools
- Tweet a file : Tweetafile brings an important email functionality to the simple world of Twitter – attachments. Through Tweetafile, Twitter users can send any files (images, PDFs, Docs, videos… whatever) to all of their followers or via direct message to individuals.
- Remember The Milk : If you use Remember The Milk to manage your tasks, you can do so via twitter using this app. Add Remember The Milk as your twitter friend and simply DM to add or interact with your tasks.
- Twittonary : If you are new to twitter, some of the words twitter users use can be quite confusing. Get help from a twitter dictionary and learn the “twitter lingo.”
- Twonvert : 140 character limitations at times can really hold you back. This app converts your text into SMS shorthand language and allows you to say more with less characters.
- Twist : Allows you to see “hot trends” on twitter. You can also use the search box to see what people are saying about a particular thing and how much buzz it is creating.
- WhosTalkin : Although this app isn’t specifically for twitter, it is a very useful twitter tool. It allows you to search conversations that you are interested in. This helps you interact with like minded people or the whatever subjects interest you at that point in time.
- TweetWhatYouSpend : Manage your spending online using twitter. Create an account and use Twitter’s “DM” feature to send tweets. You can export a spending journal later as an Excel or CSV file.
- TwitterJobSearch : This service allows you to find job postings on twitter. If you are looking for a “web design” gig, simply enter web design to see what jobs are available related to web design.
- IsTwitterDown? : If you are a heavy twitter user this service might be quite useful. It allows you to find out if twitter is down for everyone else or just for you. The page displays a simple answer “Yes” or “No.”
- Twiddeo : Upload videos to Twiddeo from your camera phone while on the go. The service then generates a link and posts it to twitter for your friends and followers to see.
- TwitterCal : This tool connects your twitter account to your Google calendar. You can add events to Google calendar from twitter by sending direct messages to gcal.
- TwitterFeed : Twitterfeed helps you send your Blog RSS feed or atom to twitter and also lets you track the number of clicks your feeds are generating.
- PollDaddy : Create polls and post it directly on twitter. This can be extremely valuable when you are researching a subject or need user feedback.
- LinkBunch : Due to character constraints, it can be quite hard to send more than one link in a tweet. If you need to send multiple links in one tweet (example : a post that has part1,2,3…), this service can be useful. It collects all links and gives you one shortened link that you can post on twitter.
- Tweetdeck : One of the best desktop twitter apps out there. Tweetdeck helps you sort your friends and followers in groups and also helps you manage replies, DMs and search results.
su.pr : This is a new URL shortening service from Stumbleupon. I find this to be one of the best URL shortening tools since it allows you to do more than any other services out there. Also since it is a service from StumbleUpon, your shortened URLs are shown with SU toolbar which increases the chances of getting traffic through StumbleUpon as well. Give it a try, you won’t regret it.
More Online Resources from FreelanceFolder
If you liked this list of twitter tools, you might also enjoy these other resource posts from FreelanceFolder:
- Top 5 Web App Combos for Running an Online Business
- 5 Game-Changing Project Management Tools
- 10 Essential Plugins Every Modern WordPress Site Should Have
- 15 Firefox Add-Ons to Tame Social Media Addicts
- 15 Applications No Online Business Can Live Without
Add Your Thoughts…
I am sure almost everyone reading this post is using twitter (if you are not, you should). Please feel free to share the twitter apps you most frequently use in the comments.
Top photo by wonderferret
- 4 Ways Web-Workers Can Use Time-Wasters Effectively And Productively
- 5 Sure-Fire Ways to Meet Deadlines For Freelancers & Web Workers
- 35+ Social Media Tools That Make Life Easier
- 35 Online Tools That Make Your Freelance Career Easier
- Twitter For Freelancers (A Basic Overview)
Unleash the true potential of your business. Get The Unlimited Freelancer and start transforming your freelance business,
now only $19.
July 29th, 2009 at 6:07 pm
July 29th, 2009 at 6:15 pm
Thanks for the tips. I use Tweetdeck at the moment and find it sorts through alot of the outside chatter very well. Continued success :)
July 29th, 2009 at 9:58 pm
nice article. thanks to u.
July 29th, 2009 at 10:32 pm
Thanks for the list. Most of these I have either heard of before or won’t really help me out to much. But, thanks because one really does help. I was looking for a site that would do what Twitterfeed would do. You really saved me some time.
July 30th, 2009 at 8:04 am
I’m a fan of TweetLater, which allows me to schedule tweets whenever I want. It’s great when I know I’m going to be swamped with a project but still want to maintain a presence on Twitter. Or when I think of several tweets at once and want to spread them out.
July 30th, 2009 at 9:15 am
I just started using Twitter and your list of applications should come in handy.
July 30th, 2009 at 9:39 am
Great list, thanks. Check out TweetNI.com if you are from Northern Ireland and RTweeter.com
July 30th, 2009 at 10:55 am
Wicked list! Thanks for that, its just what I needed!
July 31st, 2009 at 5:04 am
Also try @_spell
Tweet ‘@_spell word’ and it will tell you the word’s correct spelling – will also help you with auto suggestions when you type (sp?).
July 31st, 2009 at 7:13 am
We’ve got a map based application at http://www.infonote.com/tweepware this lets you see where your friends are and much more.
And, as of yesterday, we have a new test application that lets you create a webpage alongside a message so you can create newsletters or announcements without the need for a website. http://www.infonote.com/tweepblog
We’d value your comments and suggestions on the TweepBlog application
July 31st, 2009 at 8:14 am
Finally I checked out tweetdeck it is a great tool.
will check out each of the tools here.
July 31st, 2009 at 8:59 am
thnx .. for the tools .. u made my day
July 31st, 2009 at 10:34 am
Some of these we use and some we will certainly consider adding.
We are really enjoying Cotweet. It helps us work with our marketing firm to maximize and coordinate their time and efforts as well as our own.
July 31st, 2009 at 7:43 pm
Hay algún sitio en donde todo lo que se habla de twetter, esté en español, porque no logro hacerlo funcionar adecuadamente y, por ejemplo, me gustaría poner una figurita del pájaro de twett en mi sitio… Por ejemplo tener cada uno de los tips que nos das en español, sería fenomenal, porque todo está en inglés y yo no “parlo”… Gracias
August 2nd, 2009 at 6:12 am
Thanks for sharing the SU.Pr plug in. Really useful thing!
August 3rd, 2009 at 7:55 am
Thanks for the list!
Tweetdeck – its what I needed!
August 3rd, 2009 at 10:12 am
Whew. I’m a bit overwhelmed by the list. I keep it simple with TweetDeck, which lets me tweet to two different accounts and to Facebook from the same place.
And I’m thinking about using Tweetlater, so when I’m on vacation or not at my computer I can still maintain my Twitter presence.
August 19th, 2009 at 6:45 am
September 10th, 2009 at 5:08 am
seen all them apps before but thanks anyways for the list.
martin bastinSeptember 13th, 2009 at 12:01 am
Greatl list, If your looking for some kick ass Twitter clickable backgrounds go here http://bit.ly/RhSZ7
October 22nd, 2009 at 7:37 pm
Nice!! Very useful
Shyam KapurNovember 3rd, 2009 at 7:45 pm
This is an excellent list. I’d add TipTop, the cool new semantic search engine that works on tweets, to this list. Even in just its beta version at http://FeelTipTop.com , it is a marketer’s dream product.
May 30th, 2010 at 4:22 am
thanks for an awesome list!
btw, there’s a brand new twitter application called TwitBlend (http://www.twitblend.com)
which help you group many tweets into topic or conversation, share it with your friend, you can even put it on your website with TwitBlend’s Widget.
so it’s much easier to pull tweets and blog about it with twitblend’s widget
Feel free to buzz our tool if you find it useful
Thanks a lot! try and enjoy it for free :)
October 10th, 2010 at 12:46 am
Very useful articles! Finally a site that is not tasteless and totally unnecessary! Super!
December 20th, 2010 at 2:09 pm
Thanks for sharing! I must share on my blog!! Thank you!
March 29th, 2011 at 5:59 am
Tweet-Monitor is the best product on the market to score, manage and report on tweets about your company, product or service across the entire twitter network. For more information and to arrange your 7 day free trial visit tweet-monitor.com
June 17th, 2011 at 9:17 pm
I heart Twitter. Cool list. Can’t wait to lookinto some of those.:0)
October 14th, 2011 at 2:44 am
These Tools are really amazing and greatly appreciate you work and convey my thanks at large.
March 23rd, 2012 at 8:29 am
Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is actually frustrating. A good website with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Cant find it.
August 1st, 2012 at 8:21 am
Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.
- 15 Useful Twitter Tools For Web Workers | FreelanceFolder « Netcrema - creme de la social news via digg + delicious + stumpleupon + reddit
- Twitter Tools to Take up More of Your Time | gainfully unemployed
- The Great Geek Manual » Link Round-Up: June 31, 2009
- Fresh From Twitter: Quince herramientas necesarias … | Periodistas en Twitter
- » links for 2009-08-01
- links for 2009-08-01 « Mandarine
- Colectia de linkuri - 04.08.2009 | Bag tare in blogosfera romaneasca
- Tom OBrien (jointwinwin) 's status on Thursday, 06-Aug-09 23:12:46 UTC - Identi.ca
- Useful Twitter Addon Services « Techpot’s Blog
- Linkswitch #5 – FreelanceSwitch
- thinkerpool.com: » Linkswitch #5
- 15 Useful Twitter Tools For Web Workers | Twitter Marketing | Twitter Tools
- Twitter Tools | How Do You Twitter
- You are now listed on FAQPAL
- Tools For Twitter | Marketing Home Business Tips
- uberVU - social comments
- Fresh and Simple Ways to Test Cross-Browser Compatibility | Source and Code
- Statistics on 250 twitter tools | Mixotricha
Sign up for our product discount list to get a free copy of Why Some Freelancers Thrive and Others Barely Survive. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)