Thanks v much. There’s enough here to keep me going for a while.
25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media
The big sites like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn are easy to folllow, but there are many others that often get ignored such as Docstoc, Scribd, Slideshare. With all the different platforms, it’s hard to be able to keep up with everything that is new.
In this post we’ve listed 25 of the best social media blogs out there. Read through some of these blogs and you’ll quickly find yourself getting an edge in the social media world.
25 Social Media Blogs You Should Read
Here are 25 social media blogs that you should read. Some keep you current on new trends and others give you advice on how to leverage social media to your advantage.
I’ve included an excerpt from each blog’s about page to give you an idea as to what to expect from them. This list isn’t a ranking of social media blogs, so these are listed in no particular order.
- Mashable – Founded in July 2005, Mashable is the world’s largest blog focused exclusively on Web 2.0 and Social Media news. With more than 12.5 million monthly pageviews, Mashable is the most prolific blog reviewing new Web sites and services, publishing breaking news on what’s new on the web and offering social media resources and guides.
- Social Media Explorer – Social Media Explorer is the online home and blog of Social Media Explorer LLC, of which Jason Falls serves as principal. Falls has established himself as one of the leading thinkers in the social media, public relations and communications industries.
- Social Media Today – Social Media Today LLC helps global organizations create purpose-built B2B social communities designed to achieve specific, measurable corporate goals by engaging exactly the customers and prospects you most want to reach.
- Chris Brogan – Chris Brogan is a ten year veteran of using social media and both web and mobile technologies to build digital relationships for businesses, organizations, and individuals. Chris speaks, blogs, writes articles, and makes media of all kinds on his blog. His blog is in the top 10 of the Advertising Age Power150, and in the top 100 on Technorati. He is co-author of the book Trust Agents.
- Dosh Dosh – Dosh Dosh is a blog offering internet marketing and blogging tips, alongside social media strategies. Best consumed by bloggers, entrepreneurs, web publishers, marketers, freelancers and small business owners.
- 10e20 – 10e20 is a New York-based Internet marketing company specializing in Social Media Marketing and Search Engine Optimization. Founded in 2002 in Brooklyn, NY by Chris Winfield and Danielle Lanzillo.
- PR 2.0 – Brian Solis is Principal of FutureWorks, an award-winning PR and New Media agency in Silicon Valley. Solis is globally recognized for his views and insights on the convergence of PR, Traditional Media and Social Media. Considered one of the original thought leaders who paved the way for Social Media and PR 2.0, Solis is co-founder of the Social Media Club.
- Conversation Agent – Valeria Maltoni is a professional marketer with 20 years of real-world corporate experience, 10 of which online, across a broad array of mid-to-large sized companies. Hands-on work at a Fortune 500 technology company, a technology start-up, in health care, chemical manufacturing, risk management consulting, and the non-profit sector have provided her with a wealth of experience and insights.
- Scott Monty – Scott is a marketing and communications professional focused on the digital industry — specifically on social media. His career spans a number of industries such as healthcare, pharma, biotech, travel, automotive, tech, and communications, and includes a wide range of clients, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Chris G – Chrisg.com is where Chris posts daily (or thereabouts) thoughts and advice on the business of new media, blogging and online marketing. The aim is to teach you ways you can create compelling resources, provide your audience more value, build trust and loyalty, and generate more rewards for yourself.
- Altitude Branding – Amber Naslund is a social media and marketing crackerjack and the Director of Community for Radian6, where she’s responsible for client engagement, community building, and helping companies tap the potential of online reputation management, customer engagement, and social media monitoring.
- Successful-Blog – Liz is a social web strategist and community builder. Coming from a background of publishing, business, and instructional design, Liz understands how people perceive a blog, a product, and an experience — how the head and heart engage to make a fiercely loyal customer.
- Techipedia – Tamar Weinberg is a freelance writer and author of The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web (O’Reilly, July 2009) who specializes in social media consulting and strategy, blogger outreach, reputation management, and search engine marketing (SEO, link building, and Pay Per Click Marketing).
- Very Official Blog – Shannon Paul works as the communications manager for PEAK6 Online, parent company of OptionsHouse.com, OptionsNewsNetwork (ONN.tv), and WeSeed.com. Here she oversees the integration of social media communication into PR and marketing strategies for the company’s three brands, including an online retail stock and options broker, a web-based options news and education site, and an online community that allows people to learn about the stock market through investing in virtual stock portfolios.
- Instigator Blog – Benjamin Yoskovitzis the CEO & co-Founder of Standout Jobs, a venture-backed startup founded in 2007. He is also a blog and social media consultant. This blog is where he expresses his thoughts on startups, entrepreneurship and business, as well as diving into social media, blogging and online communities.
- All Facebook – AllFacebook.com is a blog that was started by Nick O’Neill. The purpose of the blog is to cover all issues pertaining to Facebook including new applications, general news, and analysis about the future of Facebook.
- SmartBrief On SocialMedia – SmartBrief is a media company on a mission to save you time and keep you smart. The premise behind SmartBrief is simple: there’s too much information out there and too little time in the day to read it all. Their editors hand-pick the most relevant and important news from all over, summarize it, link to the original sources and deliver it — for FREE — in one-stop-shop e-newsletters.
- Web-Strategist – As a Web Strategist Jerimiah Owyang strives to define and deliver user and community needs, business goals, and web technology to craft and deliver long term successful web programs for companies.
- Collective Thoughts – Each member of Collective Thoughts are a known or rising star in their own field, but they also have a passion and unique understanding on social media. Together, they make up Collective Thoughts.
- Dan Zarrella – Dan Zarrella is an award-winning social, search, and viral marketing scientist and author of the upcoming O’Reilly media book “The Social Media Marketing Book”. He has a background in web development and combines his programming capabilities with a passion for social marketing to create applications.
- Social Times – Social Times is founded by Nick O’ Neill. He is an industry expert on the social networking industry, providing no holds bar commentary and insightful analysis on social networking and social media. He speaks at conferences nationwide and has been written about in multiple national publications.
- Brent Csutoras – Brent Csutoras is an Internet Marketing Consultant who specializes in Social Media, Viral linkbait and Search Engine Marketing.
- Twitip – TwiTip is a blog all about Twitter. It covers Twitter Tips of all varieties including Writing for Twitter, Branding, Growing a Following, Corporate Tweeting and a lot more.
- Danny Brown – Danny Brown has been providing business branding and emerging media consultancy services to the consumer and commercial markets for more than 15 years, from small start-ups to Fortune 500 businesses. Danny is the founder of the 12for12k Challenge.
- The Viral Garden – Mack Collier is a social media consultant, trainer and speaker. He has been actively immersed in social media since 2005, and in that time, has helped advise, teach and consult with businesses of all shapes and sizes on how they can better connect with their customers via these amazing tools and sites
Your Turn to Share
The blogs mentioned above are some that I visit on a regular basis. If there are any that you would like to add to the list, feel free to do so in the comments section. And finally, what do you think of this list of some of the top social media blogs out there?
top image by striatic
- How Freelance Businesses Can Measure Social Media Results
- Social Media Basics For Freelancers
- Are You Missing the Job Opportunities on Social Media?
- 20 Not-So-Obvious Blogs For Freelancers
- 35+ Social Media Tools That Make Life Easier
Unleash the true potential of your business. Get The Unlimited Freelancer and start transforming your freelance business,
now only $19.
November 24th, 2009 at 1:06 pm
November 24th, 2009 at 1:41 pm
Thanks a lot for providing this information to me as i am searching a lot about social media and mashable is my favorite one.
November 24th, 2009 at 1:46 pm
I biasedly recommend SEO.com’s blog. Many of the posts approach social media from an SEO perspective – using “social” to drive “search” — which is what every business should be concerned with.
November 24th, 2009 at 3:12 pm
Thank you very much for this list, I will definitely use it.
November 24th, 2009 at 5:14 pm
Oh God no, my RSS reader is splitting at the edges already :-(
November 24th, 2009 at 6:50 pm
Thanks! Just input them into my RSS reader and all is well!
November 24th, 2009 at 8:09 pm
Very Good set here. I’ve added all them to my RSS Reader
November 24th, 2009 at 8:26 pm
Ritu thanks for the mention, and hope you and your readers have a Happy Thanksgiving!
November 24th, 2009 at 11:23 pm
Great post! Thank you!
November 25th, 2009 at 1:31 am
Hey thanks a lot that is a great list…
November 25th, 2009 at 1:32 am
Wow thanks a lot for those links I really needed some…
November 25th, 2009 at 1:35 am
What a great list. There are several on there I’m not familiar with, so I look forward to taking a look at them. Although as someone mentioned, my RSS reader is already quite full!
November 25th, 2009 at 3:50 am
Great list. I’ve put these blogs in my rss reader :) Thanks
November 25th, 2009 at 6:38 am
Great list, i will definitely add some of these sites to my feedreader.
November 25th, 2009 at 9:48 am
Really Great Work Bravo
November 25th, 2009 at 11:18 am
Hey there Ritu,
Cheers for the shout man, really appreciate it. I see there are some names on here I’m unfamiliar with; have to remedy that shortly :)
Great to see the likes of Shannon and Valeria getting a mention too – both different, both excellent resources.
Thanks again bud, and have a great holiday weekend!
November 25th, 2009 at 11:34 am
This information is very good because social bookmarking is very important to increase traffic visitors.. thank’s
November 25th, 2009 at 12:55 pm
Thanks for posting the blogs. I put a link to the post in my Facebook page and in my Twitter stream.
More for Google Reader to do!
November 25th, 2009 at 1:08 pm
Many thanks for the mention Ritu and great list!
November 25th, 2009 at 3:39 pm
The daily e-newsletter from SmartBrief is perfect for me. Concise and relevant. Thanks for compiling the list!
November 25th, 2009 at 4:54 pm
You left off Corvida Raven: SheGeeks.net and all of her blogs @corvida
She’s a font of information about both Gen Y and Social Media
November 25th, 2009 at 5:22 pm
Wow thanks for this list, I’ve started subscribing to several of these.
November 26th, 2009 at 11:25 am
Great list! I already follow most of the blogs listed but there were a few new ones for me to check out. Navigating the social networking jungle can be tricky so the advice found on these blogs is going to be helpful. Another one you might want to check out is Larry Brauner’s Blog at http://online-social-networking.com/ , great advice and updates on a regular basis. Thanks again for the information.
November 27th, 2009 at 4:20 am
Great post, Thanks for the great list. I for one is a avid mashable reader for years now. I’ll definitely go and check the others sites on the list as well. Keep up the good work!
November 27th, 2009 at 5:24 am
Thanks for this very comprehensive list of social media blogs, I will be checking some of these out for sure.
November 28th, 2009 at 2:19 pm
Thank you very much for this excellent list, which I am certain will provide navigation for many people to find their next favorite blog. I haven’t seen many lists like this one, so your contribution is extremely appreciated!
As for others that could have made the list, I will be very humble in saying that my social media blog on LinkedIn, Twitter, social media marketing, and social media job seeking lacks the volume and breadth that @Mashable has, but hopefully it would make your Top 50 List should you create one! Would love your feedback on it: http://windmillnetworking.com.
I also agree with the above commenter that Larry Brauner’s blog (http://online-social-networking.com/) is another excellent one.
Thanks again and looking forward to your future posts!
November 28th, 2009 at 5:42 pm
Excellent compilation – completely agree with your choices, Ritu!!
I’d add new social media online magazine, http://socialmediaexaminer.com by Michael Stelzner.
And along with Nick O’Neil’s allfacebook.com, Justin Smith’s http://insidefacebook.com is excellent. (I’d include my whyfacebook.com if I blogged more frequently, lol!!)
Andy WilliamsNovember 28th, 2009 at 5:59 pm
Great list – now I just need the time … You may like to also include the “Smart Mobs” site (of the book “Smart Mobs” fame) http://www.smartmobs.com/ which looks at how technology of various kinds is not just connecting us but also changing us
November 28th, 2009 at 9:54 pm
Thanks for sharing this list, so chock full of great sites. I checked it out because I heard – and was very pleased to hear – that Liz Strauss was on it. Then I found a whole collection of social media experts I like, admire and follow, plus a couple of sites new to me and which I will now add to the RSS feed.
November 28th, 2009 at 11:53 pm
I’m surprised you didn’t mention my very favorite social media blog at outspokenmedia.com/blog
It’s one of my few non-RSS stops every day.
November 29th, 2009 at 2:41 am
very good post !
i add it to rss!
November 29th, 2009 at 7:53 am
Very good wrap up on all the major and good blogs.
November 29th, 2009 at 12:13 pm
An extremely helpful list Ritu. I hadn’t heard of more than a few of the sites.
November 29th, 2009 at 5:15 pm
Lexblog.com is a great blog, whose focus is mostly on social media for lawyers. It was through that blog’s lead blogger that I learned of this list/link.
November 29th, 2009 at 5:50 pm
That’s a great list to work with. I think it’s going to take me a while to digest it all, espically since my leftover turkey is first in line. Thanks for your hard work on the list, I’m excited to go through it!
November 29th, 2009 at 7:37 pm
This list is okay. Mashable leads the pack and others follows. You have done a good job.
In addition to the blogs you have listed, there are others you can check out here: http://adesojiadegbulu.com/social-networks
It contains a list of useful Social media blogs & topics. Your own topic is on the list too.
November 29th, 2009 at 7:43 pm
November 30th, 2009 at 12:36 am
Wow! Thanks for the useful information. My challenge is how to keep up with it all! But, it is a good challenge to have. Thanks for the initial list, and the growing list of sites in the comments section.
November 30th, 2009 at 7:47 am
Thanks for sharing, mashable is one of my favorite ones :)
Jill AndersonNovember 30th, 2009 at 10:30 am
Fabulous list but you left off one of my very favorite bloggers – Tac Anderson at NewCommBiz – http://www.newcommbiz.com/. He is a genius IMHO.
December 1st, 2009 at 3:16 pm
This is really great info. thank you for putting this together. It is Very helpful
December 1st, 2009 at 10:24 pm
Thank you for including me on the list. That’s a great group of people. What’s amazing about social media related content is just how fresh and new it remains. That’s really where a lot of the folks you’ve mentioned stand out – they take things up a notch (or two) and stay unique, even when we’ve been hammering “social media” for awhile now.
December 2nd, 2009 at 2:49 am
Great list! Thanks for the hard work putting this together.
December 3rd, 2009 at 6:32 pm
I must be very cool, almost all of these are already in my RSS reader. :)
Nice round up,
Tim NorgayDecember 5th, 2009 at 8:38 pm
Fantastic article, I have found http://www.askthiscfo.com as a very helpful small business and social media site.
ExpareenveniaDecember 11th, 2009 at 3:20 am
January 3rd, 2010 at 1:37 pm
solar pv detail for me please
January 17th, 2010 at 1:56 am
Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.
February 19th, 2010 at 10:09 am
Great list, bookmarking this page for future reference. The two blogs that I would add to this list are Scott Monty and Chris Brogan, both must reads in the social media circles.
February 23rd, 2010 at 12:49 am
nice work compiling the list.
February 26th, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Great list, I would also like to agree with two of the previous posters. Larry Brauner and the Social Media Examiner are two that I have bookmarked and read weekly. Always full of great information.
April 17th, 2010 at 3:24 am
Great site. I have found some info I need. Keep up!
jamesApril 25th, 2010 at 11:09 am
I like this Free Internet phone calls.
It offers a lot of high-tech and modern information about the state-of-the-art gadgets
May 30th, 2010 at 10:13 pm
One blog I really like and read regularly is web Ink Now (www.webinknow.com) by David Meerman Scott. He tends to focus on the more practical, business use of social media tactics and tools. It seems that some social media practitioners tend to focus more on the sizzle than the steak. David advocates tactics and tools I feel like I can instantly apply to my client projects and my own business.
June 10th, 2010 at 10:18 am
Cheers for the sites.
July 29th, 2010 at 1:30 am
This was a very great comments in this post about 25 Social Media Blogs. In this i like about Altitude Branding and Social Times. This is very nice to read. The informations for this post was amazing. I like all comments. Thanks for sharing. Keep post interesting matters here.
August 25th, 2010 at 3:31 am
This is a nice blog message, I will keep this idea in my mind. If you add more video and pictures because it helps understanding :) ml Peterbrown.
September 4th, 2010 at 12:59 pm
1.Thank you! This was very informative and interesting.
September 16th, 2010 at 3:40 pm
Wow… thanks for taking the time to list these all out. As a web development company, it’s hard to stay on top of these things without some form of collective knowledge. God bless!
December 17th, 2010 at 9:56 am
Simply love Mashable – such a great blog – going to check out some of the others now and see if they would be useful for our contractors to use.
January 9th, 2011 at 8:05 am
Thanks Ritu for the great list!
There are some remarkable blogs in there and definitely need to look into utilizing social media more.
January 28th, 2011 at 10:28 pm
this is the first i have discovered that there are social media blogs. thanks for sharing.
February 2nd, 2011 at 5:23 am
Hey Admin, I visited your blog last week and used it. It was very helpful.Thanks for the post.
February 8th, 2011 at 3:18 pm
Thanks! This is a good list. Mashable and Social Media Explorer are great blogs and I agree that they deserve the top 2.
April 10th, 2011 at 6:39 am
The trends on social media are changing and getting difficult nowadays because we need to be on latest trends in order to communicate our friends and relatives through the sites that mostly been using.
May 5th, 2011 at 1:33 am
These lists are all good and useful blogs.. Thanks for sharing..Keep safe!
May 9th, 2011 at 10:41 am
Good list about all the top social blogs. Social blogs like social forums are also important . Thanks for info.
May 19th, 2011 at 4:11 pm
Thanks! Just input them into my RSS reader and all is well!
May 20th, 2011 at 2:15 pm
It’s amazing how many social media sites that have been started over the last couple of years. Now users have so many more options besides twitter and facebook.
May 20th, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Along with twitter, mashable is one my most visited social media site.
May 30th, 2011 at 9:48 am
You need to be opportunistic as a marketer. There’s no need for you to worry about the future, let alone trying to predict the future yourself.
June 15th, 2011 at 5:31 am
I argue, mashabel is the best of all and deserve to be ranked first..thanks for share
July 24th, 2011 at 5:51 am
Yes i think not only 25blogs there are more now so many are linking social networking sites in their blogs
August 15th, 2011 at 1:21 pm
This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it.
December 5th, 2011 at 3:17 pm
Thanks for the list! Being able to follow all these blogs should be very helpful!
December 16th, 2011 at 8:48 am
in my list mashale is on the top and i love reading this. thanks for the useful list.
April 20th, 2012 at 8:35 am
I wanted to write down a brief note to say thanks to you for all the remarkable pointers you are sharing at this site. My prolonged internet look up has now been recognized with extremely good information to share with my pals. I would admit that most of us site visitors actually are quite fortunate to be in a magnificent network with many wonderful individuals with good tricks. I feel very happy to have seen the website page and look forward to some more fun times reading here. Thanks again for a lot of things.
May 6th, 2012 at 8:16 am
Hey there! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My weblog looks weird when browsing from my iphone 4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to resolve this issue. If you have any recommendations, please share. With thanks!
May 13th, 2012 at 8:14 am
Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers? I’d genuinely appreciate it.
May 25th, 2012 at 8:21 am
That attractive as well as educational post, thanks to you. Take advantage of this page on your buddy informed you. We’re regularly observed. To acquire more info in regards to this issue the examples below web web pages can certainly observe
- 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media | Psychokiller
- Music Business Blog by Jason Feinberg » What I Am Reading Today
- Blogs – cutest blog | Know Marketing Blog
- 25 blogs para estar a tono con el Social Media. «
- Blogs – lost blogs | Know Marketing Blog
- SOS Weekly Recap in Search 11/23/09 | StayOnSearch
- 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media – FreelanceFolder « Tech4buziness – Eng
- Top 25 Social Media blogs you NEED to read! « Did you know?
- 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media | FreelanceFolder « Netcrema – creme de la social news via digg + delicious + stumpleupon + reddit
- 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media | FreelanceFolder : Popular Links : eConsultant
- 25 social media blogs you should be reading | Social Computing Story
- ‘25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media’ « Why Didn't I Think Of That!
- What’s Important in Social Media? « Pat Hough on the Internet
- Social Media Tips For Small Business That Can Help Grow Business For Entrepreneurs | Understanding Marketing
- Mistake # 96: Fail to stay current with social media trends « Red Ditto
- Links de 29-Novembro-2009 : Ponto Media
- 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media | FreelanceFolder « Ljjspeaks's Blog
- 25 Social Media Blogs from Mashable to The Viral Garden that you should read – Webmove – Exploring the mashable web
- The Weekly Brief – Bloggy Edition (Wk. Ending 11/28/2009) | The Inspired Solo
- Who’s Blog Should You Be Reading? | V/Speak
- Weekly Biz Buzz #8 Stay Updated with Social Media, Online Videos Ideas, Connect with Employees
- links for 2009-12-01 « Schedelbeuk
- Best of the web - week #49 | Mogdesign
- 25 blog yang dapat memmbantu kitamengoptimalkan situs media sosial | feedberry
- 42 Most Popular Blog Posts About Blogging 2009 | Zemalf.com
- uberVU - social comments
- Today’s Twitter Fave Five « Shannon Philpott
- 【资源】25个有关社会化媒体的博客（英文） - SocialBeta
- Ad Agencies 10 Most Popular Blog Posts About Blogging in 2009 « FUEL LINES Fueling Ad Agency New Business Through Social Media
- Weekly summary of real estate news, Memphis comments, and other interesting stuff – December 6th - Memphis Real Estate Buzz
- RAA Group » Blog Archive » Ad Agencies 10 Most Popular Blog Posts About Blogging in 2009
- RAA Group » Blog Archive » 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media | FreelanceFolder
- Social Media at Events | Thoughts on Blogs 12-04-09
- Twitter Hot Links of the Week Nov 21-27
- 15 Sites for Learning and Mastering SEO « SEO Land – Get Latest News about SEO
- 15 Sites for Learning and Mastering SEO | Afif Fattouh - Web Specialist
- Best of the web – week #49 | Master Design
- 15 Sites for Learning and Mastering SEO - b2o Technology Blog
- » 15 Sites for Learning and Mastering SEO Finlay
- Tesar-Reynes » Blog Archive » New Year’s Resolutions for 2010
- 2009 Freelance Folder Best Posts Edition | Easiest Way To Make Money
- The 20 Best Productivity and Personal Development Blogs | Red Button Reviews
- The 20 Best Productivity and Personal Development Blogs | Easiest Way To Make Money
- [推荐]25个有关社会化媒体的博客（英文） « 果冻之大狭隘 By Justin
- 25 Blogs To Help You Stay Current With Social Media | FreelanceFolder
- Search Freelance Projects » Blog Archive » Six Areas of Technology All Freelancers MUST Stay Current With
- 【资源】25个有关社会化媒体的博客（英文） | 微助力social社会化博客
- 15 Sites for Learning and Mastering SEO «
- 15 Sites for Learning and Mastering SEO
- 25 blogs to help law firms stay up to speed with social media | Real Lawyers Have Blogs
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)