Great list! I use a few already but the Branded Admin and Technical Support are new to me. Will definitely nee to try them out. Thanks!
9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website
There are countless blog posts with lists of plugins for WordPress, including some great lists here on Freelance Folder, but this post focuses on plugins that will make your clients’ experience in WordPress more enjoyable, easier to navigate, rich with important statistics and completely branded to match their website. For freelance web designers or WordPress consultants, taking a small amount of extra time to set up these plugins can boost the professional appearance of WordPress installations you provide for your clients, strengthen their confidence in you and score high marks as you impress them with their own personal WordPress experience.
An easy to use plugin that will create a custom login page, complete with backgrounds, font colors, login box color, and replacing the WordPress logo with your client’s. Right from their first login your client will see their own branding and know that their site is unique.
This plugin gives you the ability to change the WordPress Administration section by adding a branded header and footer. All you do is install the plugin, then replace the header and footer images with your own. It removes the WordPress logo and allows your client’s logo to take its place.
Ozh Admin Drop Down Menu
This handy plugin takes the vertical sidebar navigation on the left and turns it into a much more accessible horizontal menu on top of your dashboard. The drop-down it creates gives your client one-click access to almost everything in the menu, which speeds up the workflow no matter what the task. With the standard admin menu, almost every click initiates a page load, but this menu eliminates that part of the process. Highly configurable, even down to color schemes, this is a huge plus for your clients’ administration.
Admin Menu Editor
With an easy-to-use drag and drop interface, this plugin enables your client to reorganize and edit any existing menu item. They can change the title, access rights, menu icon and so on. Menu items can be hidden and custom menus can be created. Great functionality that allows your client to personalize and customize their WordPress admin menu to fit their specific needs.
Google Analytics Dashboard
Save your clients the extra step of logging into Google Analytics by providing them with a snapshot of their statistics built right into the dashboard. This plugin does not put the tracking code into their pages (I recommend Ultimate Google Analytics for a simple way to do that), but it does link up to their GA account and bring the statistics into an easy to read dashboard element. Another time saver for your clients!
Feed Stats for WordPress
If you are using a plugin to redirect your clients’ WordPress RSS feed to Feedburner (I recommend FD Feedburner Plugin) you can add this plugin to show their Feedburner statistics in the dashboard as well. Easy to install and set up, this will create a Feed Stats menu item under Dashboard that will show subscribers, clicks and views for the RSS feed.
This is another statistics plugin that will show numbers related to posts themselves, such as pageviews, which posts and pages are the most popular, where traffic is coming from, and what people click on when they leave. It will also add a link to the dashboard which shows all stats on a single page. The plugin connects with a WordPress.com account, so your client must have one for this to work, but then all you have to do is add their API key to get it running.
Those Facebook-like footer toolbars are showing up everywhere these days and there are varying opinions on their usage, but if your client likes them then this is a great solution. You have to sign up for a free account and configure it to work with your client’s social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and others, then install this plugin and set it up. One of the things I like about this is that it enables visitors to share posts from the toolbar on any page, eliminating the need for additional plugins at the end of each post. It also allows visitors to interact with the client’s Facebook fan page and Twitter without ever leaving the site. For clients that appreciate this functionality, it is a great solution that frees up space on their site and encourages interactive participation.
Technical Support for WordPress
This last plugin is one of my new favorites and will score points for you with your clients. If you’re a freelancer, a web design agency or a WordPress consultant, Technical Support for WordPress is a way to provide quality support to your clients. Installing the plugin will enhance your client’s Dashboard with a new widget for submitting support tickets directly to your e-mail. You can brand it with your logo and company information, customize subjects and email messages and your client will feel as though you are readily available to assist them every time they visit their dashboard. A brilliant addition to any WordPress site you build or install!
There are literally thousands of WordPress plugins available and new ones being developed all the time, so you may know of others that I have missed. Please be sure to share your suggestions in the comments. I hope the plugins I’ve listed will enhance your clients’ experience and help to make you look like a superstar whenever you deliver their WordPress site to them.
- 10 More Essential Plugins Every WordPress Blog Should Have
- 10 Essential Plugins Every Modern WordPress Site Should Have
- Ten Free WordPress Plugins That You Should Install
- 13 Beneficial WordPress Plugins For Your Design Blog
- 30+ Examples of Big, Bold, and Beautiful Website Navigation Menus
Unleash the true potential of your business. Get The Unlimited Freelancer and start transforming your freelance business,
now only $19.
March 10th, 2010 at 9:28 am
March 10th, 2010 at 9:53 am
Thanks for the list of resources. I have noticed my clients are really interested in knowing their statistics.
March 10th, 2010 at 10:18 am
Great list … thank you for sharing! :)
Some really nice collection of plugins here, we have installed most of them and will install few
more after seeing this article.
March 10th, 2010 at 11:57 am
Very useful, I’ve been thinking in a solution like the last plugin for my sites. Thanks!
March 10th, 2010 at 12:00 pm
Nice list, a few new onews for me there. Not a fan of the Wibiya toolbar one, but, to each their own.
March 10th, 2010 at 12:04 pm
great list! I had never used the menu editor- very nice! thanks!
March 10th, 2010 at 12:38 pm
Great list. branding the admin interface of a WP install is a real plus for the client! Plugins definitely makes it easier. Another plugin that I like to use: “Custom Admin Branding”
March 10th, 2010 at 12:48 pm
I didn’t know about the Branded Admin plugin. This would be a nice touch for clients and something I may look into.
In reference to the Wibiya plugin, I personally think footer toolbars add visual clutter to websites, although I’ve seen several established blogs using them recently. Great list!
March 10th, 2010 at 1:00 pm
My Fav social media plugin is DiggDigg! I wrote a review and a tutorial on how to use it here: http://www.seanvosler.com/2010/01/creating-a-social-submit-sidebar-for-wordpress-guide/
March 10th, 2010 at 2:01 pm
Great list and I love the idea of the tech support plugin. It is not something I had thought about before but know for a fact it will be a huge help on future projects.
March 10th, 2010 at 2:02 pm
Perfect list especially the Wibiya Toolbar
March 10th, 2010 at 2:19 pm
That’s a very interesting round up for Word Press plugins. Thank you for the resource.
March 10th, 2010 at 3:41 pm
Good post. It seems some of the plugins are a bit redundant though – I wouldn’t install 3 separate Stats-based plugins. Although perhaps the goal of the article was to provide readers options.
I wrote a similar but slightly different article on my design blog on Monday.
March 10th, 2010 at 3:57 pm
Excellent compilation. The branded logo and login pages are new to me. Nice way to impress clients.
Webguy123March 10th, 2010 at 4:26 pm
Skysa is another bar like solution for Word Press http://www.skysa.com
March 10th, 2010 at 11:24 pm
Very nice compilation, i see new ones for me.
March 10th, 2010 at 11:27 pm
I just implimented Google Analytics and Google Analytics Dashboard into my own Theme. Nice touch. Good post!
March 10th, 2010 at 11:52 pm
Great List, the Admin Menu Editor is something I have been wanting to find forever!
March 11th, 2010 at 3:54 am
Great, it’s a very nice collection plugin. I love wp. Thank so much.
March 11th, 2010 at 4:14 am
You should check out zopim as well!
March 11th, 2010 at 5:00 am
There are so many plug ins for WordPress and it is such as versatile piece of software that it can be easy to miss them. Articles like these highlight some great software that can help you and a client substantially. Of those listed I particularly like the Analytics and Feedburner plugins, as these save a lot of time from logging into separate websites.
I also like the custom login page and header plug ins, enabling WordPress to be styled as a bespoke custom content management system. This is quite powerful as it gives a WordPress a custom look and feel.
I’ll be interested to read any plug in suggestions from readers, as I am sure there are plenty more very useful ones that are particularly suited to client work.
March 11th, 2010 at 8:07 pm
@Brian – Gotcha. Thanks for clearing up the Stats confusion (on my end). As well, thanks for the link to my post – much appreciated!
March 11th, 2010 at 10:30 pm
Thanks Vin for the Zopim link, I was looking for something like that to add to my website.
March 12th, 2010 at 12:57 am
Thanks for this great list. I’ve read tutorials on how to change the logo in the dashboard like [Branded Admin] but it seemed like a lot of work. I’ll be downloading this plugin soon. Thanks!
March 13th, 2010 at 6:53 am
Great list….My Brand and Branded Admin plugins are a must for any wordpress developer out there.
March 13th, 2010 at 7:36 pm
The Technical Support for WordPress is one plugin that must have passed me by! This looks like a great addition, thanks for the heads up!
March 14th, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Gotta admit this is a nice list. Not the usual and the obvious. Well done lad, thanks. Thanks for taking relaxing Sunday and making we work :)
Now can you get someone at FreelanceFolder to open the letter spacing of this Comment text area? On FF PC the letter bump so close it’s difficult to proof read. The ther text inputs are fine, it’s just the text area. Maybe it’s just me?
March 15th, 2010 at 4:50 am
Great Plugins! I’ll use them in the future for WordPress projects. Thanks!
March 15th, 2010 at 1:13 pm
Great plugins, thanks for sharing!
March 22nd, 2010 at 12:20 am
Really loving the technical support plugin. Thanks for sharing!
March 22nd, 2010 at 10:30 am
Found two plugins here that I had not heard of before. Will definitely look into them.
April 2nd, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Awesome plugins! Thanks
SteveApril 3rd, 2010 at 10:07 pm
Nice post. The technical help “ticket” plugin is a really nice touch, never even thought of doing something like that for clients!
April 7th, 2010 at 9:29 pm
If this article was written two weeks later I’m sure we would have made the list. Video Tutorials and a comprehensive manual for developers to hand over to clients to train them how to use WordPress as a CMS.
June 30th, 2010 at 6:05 pm
very good list. hope that it will help me.
July 17th, 2010 at 6:26 pm
Thank you for introducing me to these new plugins! I already use analyticals, but one that caught my eye was the feedburner stats one!
November 15th, 2010 at 11:55 am
A really good article. Thanks.
January 9th, 2011 at 3:20 am
Great plugins, it is not something I had thought about before but know for a fact it will be a huge help on future projects.
Thanks for sharing!
August 2nd, 2011 at 10:33 am
I am looking for a plugin for wordpress that has the scrolling of “some of our clients”. Does anyone know where I could get one?
February 28th, 2012 at 7:28 am
I cling on to listening to the news talk about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?
March 17th, 2012 at 8:11 am
The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.
March 28th, 2012 at 8:55 am
That you are a very persuasive writer. I can see this within your article. You’ve got a way of writing compelling info that sparks significantly interest. When visiting blogs, i generally discover a very very good content material like yours. Lis Pendens is a greatpiece which you will enjoy and like too. Take a look at it!
April 6th, 2012 at 8:27 am
April 21st, 2012 at 8:35 am
CLEUNG Web Design is a professional web design company that provides supreb graphics, successful business outcomes, and internet marketing for our client websites. Our web design company not only provides our customers excellent flash functions and graphic design. We also provide high ranking for websites in Google, Yahoo or Bing, search engines like that, so more and more customers will click on your personal, business or eCommerce website and buy your products online. We have the best and most experienced web designer to give you the best advice on how to design and set up the structure layout for your web site. We can make a control panel for our clients so they can change their posts, web page and product information online. Our web design company can do what other web design companies do, but we have our unique skills that other companies do not possess. We will do our best and allow each of our customers to feel satisfied about our websites. http://www.ccleungwebdesign.com/
May 16th, 2012 at 8:23 am
9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website | FreelanceFolder Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
May 16th, 2012 at 8:48 am
Hi, You make great use of your words in this article. I am impressed with the valid points of interest you make here and I agree. I have considered starting a blog myself. Thanks.
August 22nd, 2012 at 7:35 am
You could also consider adding WP-Client to the list if you do a follow up post
One plugin configures multiple areas of your WordPress installation and allows the site Administrator to easily create new Client Areas, Client Management Portals, Client File Upload Areas, Private Client Galleries or Private Staff Pages on the site by entering just a few data fields and clicking submit. Additionally, clients can upload/download secure files.
August 31st, 2012 at 6:34 am
nice shortlist, even though I think its better to add some database backup plugin.
To help us whenever the client accidentally erase their database :)
November 8th, 2012 at 3:42 pm
Awesome! Will definitely install the GA plugin, it’s a pain to log in and out of Google. Thanks
February 19th, 2013 at 2:08 pm
My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net, however I know I
am getting familiarity everyday by reading thes fastidious articles.
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website
- wp-popular.com » Blog Archive » 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website | FreelanceFolder
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website | FreelanceFolder » Web Design
- You are now listed on FAQPAL
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website | FreelanceFolder | WpMash - WordPress News
- How To Get Your Guy Back – By Not Screwing Up For Good And Getting Some Solid Help | Current Events: mySpot4news.com
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website … | Neorack Tutorials
- Lets Fall In Love Again | Lowrider Design
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website … | WordPressPlanet.com
- Wordpress Belarus » Blog Archive » 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website …
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website | FreelanceFolder | WordPress News
- links for 2010-03-10 | AndySowards.com :: Daily Professional Web Design, Development, Programming Freelancer, Hacks, Downloads, Math and being a Web 2.0 Hipster?
- Law of Attraction Relationship Coach Gives Knowledge on Creating the Life You Truly Want | healthytips4us.com
- | Smashing Beliefs
- Tips on How to Sell Motorcycles | The Bikers Blog
- Freelance Writing Jobs for March 11, 2010 : Freelance Writing Jobs for Web and Print| Part of the Freelance Writing Jobs Blog Network
- ipod Nano 5G Unboxing and Comparison | cheapax.info
- MC Mong & Seo In Young – Bubble Love (버블 러브) | Дим без огън
- » links for 2010-03-11 eduBuzz reflections
- Most Tweeted Articles by Typography Experts
- Plugins de WordPress especiales para tus clientes
- links for 2010-03-12 « 個人的な雑記
- links for 2010-03-12 | Evolutionary Designs
- [Miguel Sá] | Blog >> 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website
- Saturday Swirl 9: Tasty Snacks From the Design Community | Visual Swirl
- Mes favoris du 11-03-10 au 13-03-10 » Gilles Toubiana
- 9 WP Plugins Your Clients Will Love | Kitchener Waterloo Ultra-Sleek Web Design with a strong focus on ROI based in South Western Ontario (Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Toronto). | quinn battersby communications
- 9 Plugins Your Clients Will Love For Their WordPress Website | The New Drop
- Wordpress Plugins
- Weekly LifeStream Digest for March 17th - Lee Robertson
- recursos extremadamente interesantes - internet
- Saturday Swirl 9: Tasty Snacks From the Design Community » Attorney Don Hecker Advice » Attorney Don Hecker Advice
- (Anti) Social Lists 3/21/10 | (Anti) Social Development
- links for 2010-04-10 « Mandarine
- サイトの仕上げ時に使える9つのWordpress plugin | もうおなかいっぱい
- クライアントに頼まれやすい機能を補えるWordPressプラグインいろいろ « SpaceJam
- Search Freelance Projects » Blog Archive » How to Get Clients to Absolutely Love Your Freelancing Work
- Freelance Writing Jobs for March 11, 2010 : Freelance Writing Jobs | A Freelance Writing Community and Freelance Writing Jobs Resource
- Search Freelance Projects » Blog Archive » 13 Great Sites for WordPress Tips, Tutorials, and Hacks
- 13 Great Sites for WordPress Tips, Tutorials, and Hacks | mStudiosTALK
- Search Freelance Projects » Blog Archive » Tips on Using a Website Builder to Create Your Professional Website
- lab | haikararou
- Linkdump #24: Podkręć swojego WordPressa! « Tomasz Kowalczyk
- Search Freelance Projects » Blog Archive » How to Make Your Freelancing Website More “Cutting Edge”
- WordPress 'HOW-TO' & Tips. Compilation of Great Articles | Design Inspiration. Free Resources & Tutorials
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)