I’m not sure whether you feel the same way about mess in your office but I definitely needed to create a more balanced environment to work Zen like without too many distractions. With the huge influx of work I’ve had in the last 3 month or so I amassed a never ending amount of information that is clogging up my inbox and my hard drive.
I figured that it would be better to deal with this now before it becomes unmanageable. Therefore I spent the last couple of days starting to become more organized. Admittedly I’m still buried amongst wads of paper, a house full of clutter and what not, but at least my laptop is looking better every day.
The ideal situation would be to have a totally free hard disk with only the minimal amount of information. After reading the Zen To Done ebook by Leo Babauta I know once and for all that this is the way I want to go to keep control of my growing empire. (Sounds good eh :-) ) [Click Here to Read More...]
Yes, the very prolific and talented Skellie from SkellieWag just launched a new blog, AnyWired. And with a tagline as cool and simple as ‘Work Online. Work Anywhere. Live Free.‘ it has to be good, and in fact it is.
Skellie, to me, is the perfect example of a successful freelance blogger, she’s a staff writer at Problogger, FreelanceSwitch, Daily Blog Tips, North X East and many others (and eventually FreelanceFolder :) ), she has her own blogs, and SkellieWag.org is already quite popular. [Click Here to Read More...]
2008 is finally here, I hope you had a lot of fun and everyone got back home safe. I took some time to read my favorite blogs (and some new ones I didn’t know about) and want to share some really cool posts, I hope you find them interesting.
I also took some time to redesign Freelance Folder (come have a look if you’re reading via RSS), I think it was about time cause the previous design was put together in less than an hour, I hope you like it! Usually when a site gets a facelift, half the readers and visitors really love the changes and the other half hates it, gotta do it anyway but I really hope you like it). I’m still fixing some bugs, ya know…IE6 really is a pain in the a**! :)
There are now 6 125×125 banner ads in the sidebar instead of 8, and rotating banners at the bottom of posts. Advertisement is what keeps this site running, if you’re interested in advertising on FF, please get in touch with us. :)
Also the ‘about the author‘ thing is now at the top of the sidebar on single post pages along with links to social media sites.
Now on to the list:
- Break Your Design Mold
- 6 Web Design Tips from Leonardo da Vinci
- Happy Holidays Snow Globe – Tutorial
- What Everybody Should Know About Time Management and Getting Things Done
- Freelance Rock and Disputing Copyright – An Interview with Midnight.Haulkerton
- On a Blue December Night: Asking Why Do Givers Not Ask to Be Paid?
- Networking for Bloggers: 8 Keys to Making Yourself More Valuable to Others
- Enjoy the Holidays! 5 Practices for Less Stress & More Joy
- 5 Powerful Reasons to Make Reflection a Daily Habit, and How to Do It
- How to Tell if You’re Spreading Yourself Too Thin
There are tons of articles on the net about financial planning, invoicing, getting paid, making money, funding, customer relationship, etc…
Well, someone had to put together a list of the best articles/posts (that’s worthy of a bookmark!), and that someone is Jessica Hupp from Bootstrapper, she compiled a list of the 100 best business finance posts. [Click Here to Read More...]
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)