Are you an avid FreelanceFolder reader who happens to be a graphic or web design fanatic? Do you spend more time using Photoshop or Illustrator than anything else, except maybe sketching in your Moleskine notebook? Do you happen to be looking for a new source of design work?
If you answered yes to any of those questions — then now is your chance. The current owner of FreelanceFolder, Mason Hipp, and the original founder of FreelanceFolder, Jon Phillips, are teaming up to create a new design site called MediaLoot — and we need designers. Here’s what’s involved:
- We need all sorts of resources: icons, buttons, brushes, vectors, etc…
- You’ll get paid on a per-project basis for all of your work (no waiting)
- You’ll get your name and a link on every resource that you contribute
- We’ll be needing new designs regularly, so this could be a good ongoing relationship.
If you’re interested in applying, you can find all of the requirements and instructions after the read more link.
Okay, before you go and apply for the job, you’ll want to know what we’re looking for and what you’ll be getting yourself into. Here are the basic requirements:
- Lots of design experience. The resources you’ll be designing will be used by other designers in their own work, so they have to be pretty darn good. We’re creating a sort of ‘design toolbox’ that will help make designers lives easier, and each of the resources you contribute will need to be very high quality and easy to use by others. If you’ve got this sort of skill (and the portfolio to back it up) then we’d love for you to apply.
- Resell rights. We’re not sure what the exact licensing will look like, but we will need most of the rights for the designs you produce. These designs will be made available to others on a subscription basis, and they will be used commercially without attribution. We will definitely pay fairly for these rights, but please make sure you understand and are okay with this before applying.
- Consistency & professionalism. We’re ideally looking to build long term relationships with designers, so the perfect applicants will be able to create designs regularly, work consistently, and act professionally. Most of this goes without saying, but it can’t hurt to put it in here :-)
How To Apply
If you’re interested in applying, just send your application to jobs [at] medialoot [dot] com. In the subject line, put “Designer Application” and then in the body of your message include the following information:
- What kind of design do you specialize in?
- Where can we find your portfolio or past designs?
- Do you meet all of our above requirements? Why or why not?
- What resources do you prefer to design: icons, web elements, textures, brushes, vectors, fonts, other?
- Can you provide us with 2-3 sample projects, and how much you would charge? For example: icon set with 20 icons, cost $xxx.
- Do you have any questions for us?
If you can’t tell already, we’re really excited about building and launching this project, so I hope you’ll consider applying. We’re really looking forward to reading all of these applications and I hope to speak with many of you personally in the near future.