Nice interview, I love reading about what others do within the design industry, very interesting and adelle has a really good blog :) Thanks
Interview With Adelle Charles From Fuel Your Creativity – Design, Blogging And Business
Hey everyone! Today we have an interview with Adelle Charles of Fuel Your Creativity! Adelle is awesome, I’ve known her for some time now and have been an avid reader of her blog since the day I found it. I hope you enjoy the interview! :)
Jon: Hi Adelle, can you please tell our readers a little about yourself, where you’re from, what you do?
Jon: Have you studied anything in particular or are you self-taught? What’s your background and how did you get started?
Jon: Please tell us, what are the tools you simply couldn’t live without? (software, web-app, etc…)
Jon: What would be your single best tip for people looking into a graphic design career?
Jon: Do you have any idols or mentors in the graphic design field? People you look up to and that inspire you, who are they and why do you like them and their work?
- Collis Ta’eed – I really love what Collis has done with all of his sites, especially psdtuts.com and vectortuts.com, he always seems to have big projects in the works for envato.com and I admire his entrepreneurship.
- Chuck Anderson – (nopattern.com) He really inspires me to get more into mixed medias in design. Mixing photography, illustrations and Photoshop seem to be the current trend in design.
- Jeff Finley – Been reading a lot about him lately and I’m now hooked on his blog (gomediazine.com). His website and company are kick-ass and I love what they are doing. Go Media has branched out and offers design help via Twitter, which is totally insane and awesome at the same time!
Jon: You already have over 8 years of design experience, but where do you see yourself in, let’s say another 5 years from now? Do you have some sort of exit strategy, or you can see yourself designing and working in this field for years to come?
Jon: The infamous question: Mac or PC?
Jon: Now the question I have to ask everyone I interview: What’s in your iPod? :)
Jon: Thank you so much Adelle or taking the time to do this interview, really appreciated!:)
Jon: I hope you enjoyed this interview with Adelle. We will have more interviews soon, if you know someone who you would like us to interview, drop us a line.
- Interview With Adrian Diaconescu of Rubiqube – We Talk About Design, Blogging and Freelancing
- 7 Ways to Increase Your Creativity in Web Design
- How Blogging Can Help Your Business
- 3 Ways To Keep Blogging From Killing Your Business
- The Best Book on Blogging isn’t about Blogging at All – A Review of Made to Stick
Unleash the true potential of your business. Get The Unlimited Freelancer and start transforming your freelance business,
now only $19.
August 20th, 2008 at 8:02 pm
August 20th, 2008 at 9:17 pm
Good stuff, Adelle rocks. She has helped me so much in my first few months of blogging. I love the insight about sketching. I’m only now finding out just how important that is.
August 20th, 2008 at 9:47 pm
Nice read before bed!
Only just started looking around designer/developer blogs and joining online communities and Fuel Your Creativity is definitely handy!
August 21st, 2008 at 1:32 am
Hey, I’m very happy you guyz enjoyed the interview! Adelle is totally awesome! :)
shiidoAugust 21st, 2008 at 3:38 am
@Jon really nice interview ! thank you.
August 21st, 2008 at 5:15 am
It’s good getting to know Adelle a little better. I hope both you, Jon, and Adelle are doing great.
August 21st, 2008 at 8:48 am
nice interview jon..
adelle is a one tough designer..
August 21st, 2008 at 8:49 am
Looks like everybody’s wanting to move to Canada these days :-) Thanks for the interview & good luck building your freelancing practice .. I’m sure the exposure here won’t hurt!
August 21st, 2008 at 9:23 am
I have passed through fuelyourcreativity.com before, but after reading this interview I stopped by to take a serious look — you have some great stuff Adelle!
August 21st, 2008 at 9:48 am
Wow! Thanks guys for all the positive words, really makes my day!
@Max | Design Shard – Thanks so much Max, and I appreciate the love on the blog :)
@Andrew Houle – I rock? That’s awesome to hear! And I promise my head won’t get big, it’s just a nice compliment. hehe.
@Tom Sinclair – Glad you enjoyed it, the design community is so great and I’m finding out everyone is so helpful and really supportive.
@Jon Phillips, Thanks again Jon your the best. :)
@Shildo Thanks for reading the interview.
@David Airey, Thanks for the nice compliment, it’s always nice to get to know everyone a little better since it’s mostly online communicating. Things are going well and I hope your doing great as well.
@Dave Navarro Yeah I’ve always wanted to live in Toronto since it’s so close to Rochester :) Freelance Folder is awesome and I’m happy Jon asked me to participate in the interview, exposure is nice too!
@Mason Hipp, Thanks Mason, I hope you’ll stop by FYC and stay a while. hehe. Glad you like the content!
August 22nd, 2008 at 8:43 am
Great Interview Jon. As David, I’m really happy to know Adelle a little better. :)
August 22nd, 2008 at 4:30 pm
Great interview! Nice to read an interview on someone you’ve only briefly met on twitter :D
August 22nd, 2008 at 5:21 pm
Thanks @Thomas Beal and @Nick! It was my first interview so I’m glad it could be on Freelance Folder :)
August 22nd, 2008 at 5:39 pm
Great interview Adelle! I love your blog and it’s always nice to get an inside look at the person behind the scenes.
August 23rd, 2008 at 11:26 pm
thanks Angie! Stay tuned for more big stuff coming over at Fuel Your Creativity! :)
August 23rd, 2008 at 11:58 pm
i see a very nice interview in here:)its worth to read. Adelle really rock:)
August 24th, 2008 at 1:54 pm
Hey I’m very happy you guyz liked the interview! We got more coming up soon! :)
August 28th, 2008 at 7:00 pm
I met so many blogger / designers in the last couple of months and it’s always nice to learn more about them by reading a Freelance Folder Interview. So I’m definitely looking forward to more interviews!
September 1st, 2008 at 1:40 am
Nice one! It`s really good to know someone known better – thanks!
September 9th, 2008 at 3:42 pm
Very interesting interview. I love hearing about how people (especially designers) got where they are and what they’ve done in the past. I’m glad to hear more interviews are on the way. And go upstate NY!
- Interviewed on Freelance Folder + More News | Fuel Your Creativity
- 25 Must Read Interviews From 2008
- Arbenting’s Best of the Week (08/17 - 08/23) | Arbenting
- Arbenting’s Best of the Week (08/17 – 08/23) » Arbenting - The Act of Being Creative
- 15 Absolute Top Designer Bloggers on this Planet « Agus Web Design
Sign up for our product discount list to get a free copy of Why Some Freelancers Thrive and Others Barely Survive. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)