Posted September 4, 2007 in News
Hardware fails. Accidents happen. And like it or not, your computer will die – suddenly, unexpectedly, and when it’s least convenient. There’s no avoiding this cold hard fact of life. But how much money your business loses – that’s completely under your control if you set up a smart backup plan now. Here’s how to do it – and it’s easier/cheaper than you think. Read on.
Posted September 3, 2007 in Marketing
A mention in a magazine, a radio interview, or a TV appearance can definitely help your business reach the next level.
But in most cases for that to happen you need something more than a simple business card or an online portfolio.
A press kit (or media kit) is not a portfolio or resume. You give your resume or link to your portfolio/website to your potential clients, and you give your media kit to the press, to a journalist.
You want to be perceived as a professional. Someone who is driven, and is “going places“. [Click Here to Read More...]
Posted September 2, 2007 in Uncategorized
Sunday again folks, hope you had a productive and lucrative week. Here are 6 posts/articles that I find are definitely worth reading. Please take some time to check out those blogs, I’m sure you’ll learn something new (I did).
- 15 Quick Ways to Give Value and Make a Positive Impression
- 5 Tips for Giving Feedback on Creative Work
- Dialogue Jump-Start Tip #1: Be Curious George – 1st post of the “Dialogue Jump-Start” serie by Tammy Lenski
- 50 Practical Home Office Feng Shui Tips
- Five Word of Mouth Marketing Strategies for Your Business or Website
- What I learned from starting my own business
Most companies out there will give you free samples of their products as an incentive to make you want to buy it, or buy something else they have. Even if you’re selling your services, and not necessarily products, you can still give some stuff away, and it’s a pretty effective way of getting new clients, or re-enforce the business relationships between you and your existing clients (get them to hire you again for their next project).
Your cell phone company will give 3 months of unlimited calling when you sign-up, when you go to the grocery store you get a little sample of that new product (mmm, peanut butter), you can find tons of free wordpress themes out there. Heck, even drug dealers will give you samples! [Click Here to Read More...]
Sign up for our product discount list to get a free copy of Why Some Freelancers Thrive and Others Barely Survive. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)