Posted November 6, 2007 in Uncategorized
Dark moods of freelancing have got nothing to do with the times your work isn’t going great or when you don’t turn in even a single project on time.
You might be getting ten business inquiries per day (which for most, if not all, of us is a lot) and traffic to your website may be reaching new heights, dark moods can hit you just out of the blues; you suddenly lose interest in every work-related activity including checking the e-mails, replying to business inquiries, answering business calls, working on existing projects — you don’t even feel like communicating with your present clients.
You just want to watch the TV, read some books, listen to music, lie under the sun, play with the dog, letch at your neighbor’s wife (or husband), talk to someone incessantly, or do anything that is not work-related. It happens. [Click Here to Read More...]
Posted November 5, 2007 in News
If you take a look at the sidebar, you’ll see we added a new 125x125px banner around the top. I would like to welcome our new advertiser, Daisho-Blacksmith, to the Freelance Folder family. (hello!)
Daisho-Blacksmith is a company based in Munich, Germany, and is run by Michael Gottschalk and Klaus Wiedemann (managing directors). Together they combine almost 40 years of experience in project management, sales, business development and many other fields. [Click Here to Read More...]
Posted November 5, 2007 in Productivity
When it comes to lying, there’s nobody more willing to believe us than… well, us. When we’re not doing the best things to move our business forward, we tell ourselves it’s okay, we’re doing great, it’s not that bad… but at the end of the day all that rationalization isn’t building revenue and bagging new customers.
Here’s how to recognize where we’re sweet-talking our way past out problems… and how to fix them for good. [Click Here to Read More...]
Posted November 3, 2007 in Uncategorized
Hello everyone, I hope you had a productive week! Take a short break, just a couple of minute, your to-do list will still be there when you come back, and read these posts. I found them really interesting, so of course I want to share them with you folks.
Also, quick update, FreelanceFolder now has a PageRank (finally!), Google decided it was worthy of a PR4, which I’m quite happy with. But what really makes my day though, is when I look at my Feedburner account and I see 1,450-1,500 readers, that really makes me happy! Thanks so much to all of you for the support, the e-mails and the questions, and of course for reading and commenting on our posts!
Ok, so now go ahead and click away! :)
- 9 Steps To Rockstar Marketing
- Can You Earn a Living Online?: 5 Tips
- 33 Do’s and Don’ts for Your Next Presentation
- Facebook Flyers: Should You Advertise on Facebook?
- Planning a New Website – Part 1 – Part II
- The Point Of View May Be New To You
- How Could Bad Blogging Hurt Your Company?
- Whiteboard: What I’ve Learned About Social Media Success
- Improve Your Writing with these Editing Tips
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)