Posted August 28, 2007 in Marketing
As captain of your own ship, you’ve got to find your own customers. You can’t expect them to just call you up out of the blue, excited, pre-sold and ready to hand over their cash to yours truly.
Just kidding – that’s exactly what you can expect them to do. Here’s why … [Click Here to Read More...]
Posted August 27, 2007 in Uncategorized
The Internet has spawned a whole new profession. It’s called online reputation management. Even if you don’t do business online, have a website, or have an e-mail account, you still need to think about your online reputation.
Anyone can go online at any time and post a negative comment about you on a blog or message forum and if you have no other information about you online that’s what people will find when they look for you. One non-profit manager found an anonymous blogger posting about an alleged scam the manager was in. It turns out there was no evidence of the allegations and the anonymous blog was written under the nickname of the person they were accusing. The idea was to rank highly for the nickname, a black hat SEO trick. [Click Here to Read More...]
Posted August 26, 2007 in Uncategorized
Time for a break, close Photoshop, Word, Flash, put your to-do list away (don’t lose it though!), put your cell phone on vibe, and check out those 9 articles/posts I have selected for you. We got some great links to share with you folks this week.
Here they are:
- Creative Amidst Bureaucracy
- 10 Tips For Pruning Your Next Action List
- Are You An Expert If You Can’t Share What You Know
- Earn More Money by Demanding It
- 3 Tips To Being An Original Voice
- Two Words Can Transform a Workplace
- Co-Working: Keeping Home Workers (Relatively) Sane
- 25 Tips to Become More Productive and Happy at Work
- Tip: Moving The Ball Forward
There are several things you can do in order to get more exposure, more contracts, more recognition while reducing your workload.
Let’s have a look at the 5 D’s of a successful freelance career. (from my own observations and experience, feel free to add to the list)
1- Decision Making
When you freelance you have to be able to manage many things at once. Your ability to quickly decide what needs to be done right now, to decide how you’ll do it and where, will increase your chance of success, no doubts there. [Click Here to Read More...]
Sign up for our product discount list to get a free copy of Why Some Freelancers Thrive and Others Barely Survive. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)