It’s that time of the year again — kids are making Christmas lists and dreaming about what they’ll receive on Christmas morning. I thought it was time that we shared our own version of what many freelancers might like to receive.
Based partially on those responses and also on what I would like to receive myself, I’ve created the Freelancer’s Ultimate Christmas Wish List. I think many freelancers will be able to relate to my list of freelancing wishes.
The Freelancing Wish List
Here are some items that many freelancers would love to receive as a gift this year:
- More Clients/Better Clients — Based on the feedback I’ve received as well as my own experience, many freelancers wish for more clients and/or higher paying clients.
- More Time — What freelancer couldn’t use some additional time? In some cases better time management is the answer, but other times we really just need a few extra hours in the day.
- New Computer and Other Equipment — Who wouldn’t like a better computer, or at least another one? I just got a new computer not too long ago, but now I am tempted to get a Netbook for convenience when I travel.
- Mobile Devices — Most freelancers want the freedom to be mobile. Even if a freelancer doesn’t actually travel much, it’s nice to have the option. That’s why mobile devices like iPhones and Blackberries have made it onto this freelancing wish list.
- ebook reader — There are many devices on the market that will allow you to load books electronically. I’d love to have one of these devices with me the next time I sit in a doctor’s waiting room or fly on a plane. (The smaller the device, the better…)
- Software Apps — I’d love to have better software apps. I think 2010 will have to be the year that I get better invoicing software. I’m also interested in speech recognition software. What software are you interested in?
- Books — I have a long list of books (ebooks and otherwise) that I’d like to get. (If you haven’t already gotten the Freelance Folder books — The Unlimited Freelancer and How to Start a Freelance Writing Business — it’s not too late to add them to your Christmas wish list.)
I’ve shared my Christmas wish list with you. What would you like to receive as a gift for your freelancing business this year?
Add to the freelancing wish list by leaving your answers in the comments.
Image by ginnerobot