Hi Jon, thanks for the great write-up, much appreciated. Hope it’s a good fit with all the other great resources you have on here.
Time Management For Creative People
Posted December 7, 2007 in Productivity
The content of this e-book is also available on BoDo (Business Of Design Online) as it was first published there (8 posts). But you can now download the free ebook, it’s nice to have as it’s filled with incredibly useful tips and resources.
Table of content:
- Why you need to be organized to be creative
- Prioritize work that is ‘important but not urgent’
- Ring-fence your most creative time
- Avoid the ‘Sisyphus effect’ of endless to-do lists
- Get things done by putting them off till tomorrow
- Get things off your mind
- Review your commitments
- Resources to help you get things done
Remember, it’s free and it’s really worth reading! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
And for those of you who always find there’s not enough time in a day, Dave Navarro (yes the ‘other’ Dave Navarro) who writes on FreelanceFolder every Monday (hello Dave!) challenges you to get rid of the ‘victim mentality‘ some of us have about time.
- I don’t have the time.
- If only there was more hours in a day…
If you sometimes find yourself saying stuff like that, take a minute and check out Dave’s site and take the challenge.
- Simple Time Management Tools Are Best
- StylishLabs – The Creative District
- Selling Yourself On The Value Of Your Time
- Creative Professionals – Behance Network Beta
- Taking Task Management, Brainstorming and Social Networking A Step Further
Unleash the true potential of your business. Get The Unlimited Freelancer and start transforming your freelance business,
now only $19.
December 8th, 2007 at 12:10 pm
JonDecember 8th, 2007 at 12:25 pm
You’re very welcome Mark, thanks for making it a PDF :)
December 9th, 2007 at 10:08 am
wow this really helps me. Thanks a lot and you know what you did a great job on this article.. Thanks
December 17th, 2007 at 6:56 pm
Thanks Jon for the link to the free ebook. i just download it. time management is so critical in building success. not many doing it even myself are having trouble just to make a schedule or plan and following it. The thought of doing thing spontaneously sometime hinder me from work with a plan or schedule. hope can change it as quickly as i can.
June 26th, 2009 at 7:07 pm
So many of us creatives do not prefer to operate within time constraints. This article was a great help!
September 8th, 2011 at 11:16 am
Yes, it’s really important how to handle your time, not a an easy task to do, with so much destruction around we really need to be more discipline. We do need this kind of book to be better in handling our time and manage it to be more productive. Thanks.
Sign up for our product discount list to get a free copy of Why Some Freelancers Thrive and Others Barely Survive. You can unsubscribe anytime.
- SEO Techniques All Top Websites Should Use
- When a Client Can't Afford You: Why It's Still Better to Bid High
- How To Stop Scrambling For Clients And Get A Steady Stream Of Paying Gigs
- A Simple Way To Stop Clients From Rejecting Your Proposals
- 3 Reasons Your Rates Are Still Low (And How To Start Raising Them)