What are some of the best resume writing services?

Mason Hipp

I’m a mid-career professional and I am currently seeking new job opportunities, but finding it overwhelming to effectively tailor my resume and cover letter to match specific job descriptions. Has anyone used a resume writing service that they would recommend? I’m not sure which ones are actually worth it. I’m looking for something affordable, but still high quality. It’d be great if they also help with LinkedIn profiles or cover letters. Would love to hear your experiences, thanks in advance for any advice!

Why not do it yourself? Just go to LinkedIn and search for professionals with skills and experiences similar to yours. Review their profiles and see what their attached resumes look like (if they've shared them on LinkedIn). It's probably the best way to gather ideas and inspiration for crafting your own resume, and it's free too. In my opinion, most resume writing services are either overpriced or of questionable quality.

Upvote 2
I paid $219 at TopResume to have my resume revamped and optimized for applicant tracking systems, and I'm pretty happy with the result. You fill out a detailed questionnaire, and they pair you with a professional resume writer who knows your industry (part of their network of 1,200 writers).

The writing process takes about a week, but you can pay extra for a 48-hour turnaround. The resume writers are U.S. based, with backgrounds in HR and recruiting. On the downside, you're limited to two revisions. They also offer a free resume critique, something I haven't seen offered by any other resume services.

Upvote 5
Resumeble is hands down the best resume writing service I've used. They cover over 80 industries and help at any career level, even if you've got employment gaps or are rejoining the workforce like me. Their standard $157 package includes both a professionally written resume and a cover letter, which is much more affordable compared to other websites. They also offer a 60-day interview guarantee and a 180-day job guarantee. The only catch is you need to be a bit involved in the process, so it's not a totally hands-off experience.

Upvote 2
Back